Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Step 2: IUI

Next, I got to make the highly anticipated phone call to my OB-GYN office. "Hi, This is Tracy, and... I surged this morning." (Of course, you have to say "I surged" like it's a secret code or something). My first IUI was scheduled for the next day, or this past Friday - June 4th.

That first phone call was quickly followed by a second call to the Fairfax Cryobank to tell them we needed to pick up "1 vial" on Friday before our appointment at the doctor's office. I did say - vial - just to be clear. When we got there on Friday though - this is what we were given!



We told you it was Super Sperm!



Then, we drove the tank over to the doctor's office (only about 5 minutes away). Let's just say, I was a little nervous... I mean, that seemed like a whole lot sperm to me! But, I was thinking, "They're the experts, I guess they've done this before!?!"

When the nurse came in to our room, she promptly let us know that she was going to bring "the vial" in to warm up the "little swimmers" - for the exact right amount of time (approximately 7-8 minutes) - being very careful not to cook them. I started looking around the room trying to figure out where this "warmer" was that could hold our gigantic vial. Then, the nurse returned and placed the vial in the warmer.






Turns out, "the vial" was actually the size of my pinky finger. Apparently, it just takes a whole lot of nitrogen and an over-sized tank to freeze the little swimmers!

The Physician's Assistant, Mary Brown, came in next - armed with all the right equipment. We won't go into that. Turns out, she LOVES doing IUI's, or getting women pregant. She proudly let us know that she has 6 pregnancies out there right now! Between our Super Sperm and her enthusiasm, my egg is gonna be under intense fire.

And, that's it. I have officially already been inseminated. Two weeks from now, I'll pee on a different kind of stick to see if I'm pregnant...

3 comments:

  1. Roses are red, Violets are blue;
    I hope those Super Sperm impregnate you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you! Please keep us posted. :) I'm excited to hear about your journey.

    ReplyDelete