Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Waddling right along...

Second Trimester

Definitely my fav! ;) I really started feeling better around 16 weeks (less tired), and I'd say I felt my best from about 20-28 weeks. I still had growing pains every few days (a noticeable achiness in my lower abdominal area), started to get heartburn more frequently, grew out of some clothes, and had to start taking iron after almost passing out in front of my office (after climbing up 2 whole flights of stairs tho)! Besides that - it went by without a hitch. I tested negative for gestational diabetes - which I am very thankful for (b/c it would have eliminated about 70% of my current diet).

Third Trimester (as of 1/2/11)

I think I'm still doing pretty good, relatively speaking.  You know, in other words, I think I'm experiencing the normal 3rd trimester stuff.  For example, I have to ward off daily heartburn and constantly struggle to do simple things (like breathe, get in/out of bed, sleep at night, pee more than a few drops at a time, get in/out of the car, put on socks/shoes, and pick up anything on the ground).  And then there are the times when the little man is positioned just right so that I'm pretty sure he's breaking my ribs.  Oh yeah, and the growing pains have taken on a slightly different feel these days: generally as I'm out and about - walking around - I now get random sharp or shooting pains in my uterus (like I might have an ice pick stuck in my bladder or something) that literally causes me to yelp out loud or grab my crotch (regardless of where I'm at) and brace myself.  Kelly decided that if this happens to me at work (i.e. in the middle school) - I should just pretend I'm impersonating Michael Jackson.

Pretty standard, eh?  

And, yeah, I definitely think I am sporting a little waddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment