Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Donor!

It just dawned on me that we haven't really shared info with everyone regarding our donor (at least that I could tell).

How do you choose a donor?!! Oh my head, not an easy task! We thought it might be easy... but really - what are the most important characteristics or traits?! Let's just say that I learned a little something about myself in the process - I care more about "looks" than I would have thought. I really HAD to see the baby picture (at least), and paid special attention to how the staff described and percieved the donors! So, we narrowed it down to 2 donors that we liked. One - we liked better because of his answers and philosophy, and the other - we liked better because he was described as "the full package" (including stunning good looks ;)

Which one did we go with???? Uhm... yeah... stunning good looks dude.

Well, we started out with that one anyway (for the first 3 inseminations). However, we found out in January that this donor had retired! Yep. At that point, we only had 3 vials left. But, we really want Kelly to be able to use the same donor later (so the children will be half siblings, at least). Given that "full package" dude was retired, we decided to sell back the remaining 3 vials (at half price) and buy from the other donor.

The website link is below which will take you to the cryobank page that describes our current donor. If you would like to see the baby picture, email Kelly or I and we can send it to you personally. The baby picture is a little obscure... like not great quality and from a distance... but he still looks cute enough. :)

http://donorsearch.fairfaxcryobank.com/donorinfo.cfm?sr_donorid=5536&u_sortby=0

No comments:

Post a Comment