Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Super Ovulation

Wow! I totally suck at keeping ya'll updated. My last post on Jan. 21 said that we would be going in for the IUI. Well, not really. We did have an egg on the left; however, we went back in on day 16 because I hadn't surged yet. We found out that I had actually already surged, but my body didn't produce enough of the FSH hormone for the ovulation kit to detect the surge when it happened - thus, we couldn't inseminate.

But, now it's February. As planned, I took chlomid from cycle days 3-7 so that I would develop bigger, better, and more eggs! They call it Super-Ovulation (for reals). I basically needed a little help matching the Super-Sperm! At any rate, when they did the sonogram on day 12, we had 2 viable eggs on the left. YAY! So, we waited for the surge... which... by cycle day 15... hadn't come. A sonogram done on that day showed that I hadn't released the eggs yet. So, they gave me an injection shot of hCG on day 16 to cause my body to ovulate. And, we went in for the insemination on cycle day 18 or last Thursday (2/24/11)! The doctor told us that we had a good batch of little swimmers (apparently many moving in the right direction).

We'll test in about 10 more days. The crazy thing about this journey is that - even though we began last June, we've only actually inseminated 4 times now. Who knew?! At any rate, we're excited and hoping for good news. The medications seemed to have worked well for me. Although, the hCG shot has caused some side effects - like a strange nauseous feeling (possibly similar to mild morning sickness). But, it hasn't been awful. Now, we just wait and test. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment