Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mother's Day

The first day of my last cycle began exactly on Mother's Day (May 8th). After not having access to our sperm last month (on Easter Sunday), we made sure to get the sperm early this time! Good thing, because we ended up going in for the IUI on Saturday, May 21st. This will be the 5th time we've tried, although the first time since my laparoscopy when I had ovarian cysts and endimetriosis removed. It's been about 1 year since we began this whole process.

Typically, if you're pregnant, implantation occurs between 8-12 days past ovulation. A pregnancy test will only come up positive after implantation happens, typically at least 10 days past ovulation. We decided to start testing at 9 days past ovulation (or Monday, May 30th); then we would continue testing until I got a positive test or started my next cycle.

Below are the first 3 tests. What do you think?

(A plus sign in the circle to the left means you're pregnant, while a lone horizontal line means you're not):


Well... Kelly and I weren't really sure. We even saught advice and sent this picture to Mandy and Loretta via text because they had babies recently and we really thought it was questionable (or too faint). We pretty much got the same response from both of them - a resounding: "What do you mean? You can't get a false positive!!! There IS a faint line - you're pregnant!" Followed, of course, by their own shreeks of joy.

Kelly and I were still needing a little convincing. So, here was the last test we took last Friday (June 3):


We think I'm pregnant! *pause for celebration* And, to add to the positive evidence, I am now officially a few days late. :)

3 comments:

  1. YYYYEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
    YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!
    YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoooooo! Congratulations you two :) Keep the updates a'comin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOO Excited for you guys!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete