Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, August 29, 2011

First 11 weeks!

Let me sum it up. Keep in mind that it really seems to have been "divine timing" since I had the summer off :).

***************************************************************************
Daily Schedule:

Between 7:00-8:00 a.m. - wake up ravenous and nauseous; eat something (i.e. crackers, then usually cereal or oatmeal).

Til 10:00 a.m. - watch TV in bed

10:00-12:00 p.m. - nap

12:00 p.m. - wake up and eat lunch

1:00-3:00 p.m. - watch TV (maybe even in the living room)

3:00-5:00 p.m. - nap

5:00 - wake up, eat crackers/snack, watch tv

6:00 - eat dinner

6:30-9:00 p.m. - play frisbee w/Charlie (dog), watch tv, and do whatever I absolutely had to do around the house

9:00 p.m. til 1:00 a.m. - eat some more crackers, watch tv and/or read (in bed)

Between 12:00-1:00 a.m. - eat something (i.e. crackers and cheese, cinnamon swirl bread, or ramen soup)

1:00-3:00 a.m. - try to fall asleep (even on rare occasions when I didn't nap half the day - I had a very hard time getting to sleep at night)

3:00-7:00 a.m. - sleep

Repeat

***************************************************************************

My feelings most days:

1) Nauseous (although I didn't really "get sick" - I just didn't feel well)
2) I had an overly sour or sweet taste in my mouth (yuk)
3) Very thirsty (although unable to drink too much water due to acid reflux)
4) Very tired, and
5) Generally apathetic (not wanting to do much of anything or even socialize because it all seemed like "a lot").

*Kelly would probably say I was a bit irritable, particularly when especially tired and hungry. I know I was irritable for most of the 10th and 11th week because I was getting tired of not feeling well.

Food:
1) Mostly ate comfort foods, like mashed potatoes and gravy, mac-n-cheese, and dressing (a la Boston Market), chicken noodle soup (a la Chic Filet), chicken, and roast beef w/gravy.
2) Not too interested in anything spicy or that might give me heartburn.
3) Avoided chicken wings (something about the bone) and Mexican food.

Drinks: Mostly just water. Anything sweet just left a disgustingly sweet taste in my mouth. Couldn't drink coffee because it gave me heartburn (even our own healthy coffee :(. The thought of alcohol was nauseating (very surprising! ;).

Weight gain: Not too much. I think I lost a few pounds those first couple of weeks - purely from not drinking alcohol. ;) So, I gained about 3 pounds.

Showing: Not really. Kelly and I would laugh at my growing belly, and my friend, Loretta, basically told me I was getting fat. ;) Otherwise, most people probably wouldn't really notice.

Overall: I was very grateful that I didn't really "get sick," I was off of work during this time, and I know it could have been much worse. I felt pretty lucky!

More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment