Cry me a river... I lost it. The pain was relentless... the kind where you want your mom & dad, just because! Luckily, I had Kelly, my Mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and two of my best friends here to comfort me. They were amazing and so supportive and it meant the world to me :).
Turns out, the little man would not be coming into the world through the birth canal. Dr. Oliver (the on-call physician) helped us make the executive decision to have a C-section. I was worn out, in excruciating pain, and wasn't likely to be getting him out anyway.
C-section went smoothly. Dr. Oliver said it was a great decision because there was no way he would have been pushed out. My pelvic bones are apparently a lil too small to accommodate his size... not to mention - he was facing up instead of down. In fact, she recommended I not even try vaginal birth if I decide to have another baby at some point in the future. Of course, it's Kelly's turn now ;)!
Whew... so happy to be done with that part! Of couse, we think lil Avery is a handsome young lad and love just staring at him already!

No comments:
Post a Comment