Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

12-16 Weeks

I'm telling y'all - it really has been Divine Timing!

I had to go back to work for a workshop on July 26, 27, and 28th (and then started back full time Aug. 1). I was still quite tired in the mornings of the 26th and 27th and had a really hard time making it through those mornings. But on July 28th, I was going to lunch with co-workers and all of sudden - I realized, "Whoa... I'm alive." I wasn't exhaustively tired and felt pretty good! So far, I haven't looked back. The nauseousness, tiredness, and apathetic feeling all pretty much disappeared. I still get nauseous every now and then, and definitely get tired at times. I still have to watch what and how much I eat - in order to avoid acid reflux. No apathy though - feeling much brighter these days.

On the other hand... I am growing! :) At about week 12 - I had to quit pretending I could comfortably wear regular shorts or pants. I've been wearing maternity clothes since. While I still haven't gained a whole lot of weight, my stomach is popping out. Seems like it's especially grown this week. At times, I'm sure I'm going to pop (and it's only the 16th week ;).

Only because people have asked, I'm posting a couple of pictures of my progression thus far.

This was at about 6 weeks - and I already felt like I was growing! In fact, I had to buy new maternity bras by then.


The next 2 were taken at 12 weeks, and I was definitely bigger. The funny thing about this picture is that we had gone to an outdoor wedding that night and had to leave early because Kelly "got sick" all over the lawn (some type of 24-hour stomach flu). So, she took these pictures in between jaunts to the bathroom!



I'll post another picture soon - since I swear I'm huge now. But, you'll have to wait...

We go in for our second genetic screening ultrasound this Thursday (or tomorrow) morning. If we're lucky - we'll find out the gender!!!! We don't really care either way, but we're super excited to know one way or the other. If, by some chance, we don't find out tomorrow - we scheduled a special ultrasound (outside of our doctor's office) on Friday afternoon for the sole purpose of finding out the gender :).

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations ya'll! I can't wait to meet your little bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Tracy, I have to laugh, if you think you're big now, wait until that 32 or 33rd week and then you gain about a pound a week. It really pops out then. :) --Tina

    ReplyDelete